March 19-21, 2019
- Birla Carbon is excited to announce the launch of Raven 5100 Ultra, the newest product in our family of high performance Raven carbon blacks for automotive, industrial, architectural and powder coatings.
- Schedule a meeting at the European Coatings show
March 22, 2019
- Lewis Tunnicliffe, PhD and Charles Herd, PhD will talk about “Opportunities for Functionalized Carbon Blacks in Rubber Applications”. Strategies for functionalization of carbon black are discussed together with recent experimental data on the use of highly functionalized carbon blacks in tire applications. Oxidized carbon blacks can be combined with suitably functionalized elastomers (e.g. XsSBR, Li-BR, ENR) or compatibilizer chemicals to achieve differentiated performance. This is particularly important given increasing pressure on tire manufacturers for reduced rolling resistance
April 5-6, 2019
Cape St Francis, South Africa
- Joseph Hallett, PhD will talk about “Enhanced Performance Tread Grades: How to Improve Product Performance while Increasing Productivity”. He will also represent his professional institution (IOM3 – The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, UK).
April 30 – May 2, 2019
Independence, Ohio, USA
- Birla Carbon will give two technical presentations at the Spring Technical Meeting of the American Chemical Society’s Rubber Division
- Lewis Tunnicliffe, PhD will talk about “Thixotropic Flocculation Processes in Carbon Black Filled Rubbers”
- Seth L Young, PhD will present “Atomic Force Microscopy of Carbon Black Dispersion at the Micro-scale in Basic SBR Compounds”.
- Charles Herd, PhD, Birla Carbon’s director of rubber technology will be speaking in the award winners session. Charles will receive the Fernley H Banbury award at the event